So as most of you know, I have been spending a lot of time playing World Of Warcraft and there are many of my friends and fellow coworkers who now play the new WOW expansion known as Cataclysm. The problem with this is that there are a lot of new people getting into the new series, and the only problem with this is that now we have a bunch of peeps who don’t know how to play the game and causing quite the frustration amongst many veteran players.
So, for the newbies who are reading, or for those who want to get started but want to know how to kick ass and take names, I am starting a series called “Confessions of a WOW Healer” where I will share my many experiences both in and out of the WOW world. And we start with the “The 10 Things Noobs To World of Warcraft Need To Know”
1) Be prepared to walk around. ALOT.–You see, this series is infamous for making the players do a lot of walking en route to quests. Furthermore, getting rides, are not available until you get to Level 20. So be ready to do a lot of walking until you get to that level.
2) Pace yourself While Questing! — Don’t always be in a rush to take on the next foe or quest. There is plenty of XP, items and quests to go around. This is also important, if you go onto to running raids and dungeons later on. If you run out too far from your party, you are setting yourself up for getting in trouble.
3) Take breaks and go do something else (like shower). — Your eyes, physical health, sanity and computer will thank you. So will your friends when they see you doing something else but dungeon raiding.
4) Get as many storage bags with as much spots as possible.–If you have too many, you can auction, sell or trade them off to others. (and if you have multiple characters in the same faction and server, you can send it to them) You can never have enough storage, and you don’t want to have to pass up on that item that you really want when it gets dropped.
5) Always be on the lookout to upgrade your stuff. — Armor, weapons, bags, spells, talents, EVERYTHING. Also remember to repair your items regularly as well, it will help keep you in check when out questing in the world.
6) Do your research with Professions, Talents and Classes!-– I made this mistake, that I didn’t really research the talents and the professions that are available to me, and now I have recently had to change to meet my needs and I’m pissed because to learn everything costs some serious cash. WOW money is almost just as precious as your regular money, so don’t jump into anything without looking into it first! Once you commit, you are in it for the long haul!
7) Only trade and sell items and WOW money from legitimate sources— Trust me, you will thank me for that one later.
8 ) If you are not sure about something, stop and do the research! — There are a lot of sources for all things WOW, there are the official game guides from BradyGames, then there is the official websites in which you can learn new things, and then there is also talking to fellow WOW people about their ideas and plans.
9) Don’t always run! Fight and level up! Unless they are really over your level, then run like hell. This goes also for quests, as there are now thousands of quests all over Azeroth and The Outlands, you have plenty of ways of leveling up and getting the things you need!
10) Remember, it’s only a game. And while many things in life can be transferred over, you’re regular life is just as important as your WOW character life.